WordPress has changed the landscape for both creating and maintaining websites. Whether you’re an inexperienced website builder who just wants to start your own blog, a professional website developer or a business creating a mission-critical web presence – Web Hosting for WordPress opens the door to creating elegant, professional websites that are easily maintained, optimized and enhanced.
Why Use WordPress?
WordPress is the undisputed leader among tools for building websites, with over 75 million websites utilizing the platform.
There are many reasons developers and businesses are attracted to WordPress:
- Ease of Use – Develop anything from your personal blog site to a professional full-featured business site.
- Popularity – With over 27% of websites and three-quarters of all Content Management Systems (CMS) based on WordPress, there is an extensive base of WordPress talent available for businesses to draw from, and a vast number of forums and blogs offering tips and techniques for new developers.
- Flexibility – WordPress provides templates and themes ready for use on your website, and literally hundreds or thousands are offered on the internet at attractive prices, or at no cost whatsoever by generous developers.
- Great Plug-Ins – Many thousands of plug-ins have been developed for nearly as many functions – managing forms, creating slideshows, running eCommerce sites, and so much more. Many are available for download at no charge.
- Quick Start-Up – Even a slightly-savvy individual can download WordPress, install it, and build their first website in hours – even minutes. This makes building and hosting your own website with WordPress an attractive endeavor for many individuals and small businesses.
Hosting your WordPress site often presents the larger challenge, as many great bloggers and website developers are not well-suited to managing the technical environment required to operate the site on a day-to-day basis.
WordPress Web Hosting Offers Many Advantages
It’s one thing to build a website, but it’s quite another thing to support, manage, monitor, and continuously upgrade the underlying infrastructure of servers, operating systems, and storage devices.
That is why it is often preferable to subscribe to a service that can provide access and reliability to your site without the need for you to worry about the technical details related to keeping your site online. When seeking out the best providers of the month to month web hosting for WordPress, there are several leading factors to keep forefront in your evaluation criteria:
- Security – One of the major concerns of hosting your own WordPress site is that of security – for yourself and your site visitors. Horror stories surface nearly daily of sites and servers hacked by undesirable elements who make off with financial data and personal information, and may even damage your site or databases. Hosting services provide the security for your information and protect you from such attacks.
- Reliability – Have you ever had your computer or server go down, or simply lose connectivity to your internet provider? Web hosting offers you and your readers or customers real-time access to the information, products, or services you have to offer, often with redundant networks and servers that provide 24x7x365 availability. If customers can’t reach you, they will likely turn to a competitor – possibly never to return. Web hosts solve that problem for you.
- Flexibility – Especially if you’re running a business, you need the assurance that if your needs grow, your website can grow with it. With a WordPress web host, scalability can be as simple as contacting customer service to increase processing power or storage capacity.
- Bandwidth – Can your server or computer support hundreds or even thousands of users trying to access your blogs and leave comments, or place orders for products daily? Turning to a web host solves that problem. Your site is accessible from anywhere – anytime – from any device.
- Performance – Have you ever left a website simply because it was too slow, or the page load rate was just too frustrating? Your readers or prospects will do the same if your website isn’t up to par. Web hosts offer high performance that is often specifically optimized for WordPress applications.
Other considerations when signing up for the services of a WordPress host include cost, technical support, and other services provided such as site backup, WordPress updates, and the flexibility of installing your own templates, themes, and plug-ins for your website.
So the dilemma that arises is – how do you find the best providers of the month to month web hosting for a WordPress site?
Finding the Best Providers of Month to Month Web Hosting for WordPress
There are many WordPress web hosting services available in the market, with a wide range of services provided, and at varying price points.
Evaluating the offerings carefully is critical for maximizing the operation of your website, as well as receiving the highest return on your investment.
With that in mind, read on for services and features provided by some of the leaders in a month to month web hosting for WordPress.
HostGator Cloud is an award-winning US-based web host with a tempting limited-time offer of $4.95/month to get you started with your website. One of the 10 largest web hosting companies in the world today, HostGator also provides US-based support 24x7x365.
There are three levels of services provided for HostGator subscribers:
Hatchling Cloud – for a single-domain – even at this tier, the service offers unlimited bandwidth and a one-click installation
Price – special offer of $4.95/month – 45% off the regular price
Hatchling Cloud includes 2GB memory and 2 Core CPU for processing your web services
Baby Cloud – offers the same unlimited bandwidth and ease of installation, but unlimited domains
Price – $6.57/month with the 45% discounted rate
Baby Cloud beefs up your website power with 4GB memory and 4 Core CPU
Business Cloud – For the most power and performance when you need it
With the 45% off promotional rate of $9.95/month, Business Cloud provides even more power with 6GB memory and 6 Core CPU performance.
Additional benefits of Business Cloud service include:
- Free Positive SSL
- Free dedicated IP
HostGator offers many valuable tools and services across all packages:
- Unmetered bandwidth and disk space utilization
- Free website building tools and thousands of templates to choose from
- Unlimited email addresses
- WordPress blogging tools
HostGator user comments/reviews:
- “I asked around to see which hosts people who were managing their WordPress sites without breaking the bank were using. It was very clear the budget-friendly, quick, headache-free hosting solution was and is Hostgator.”
- “I started my new Blog/Store using HostGator and it has been the most positive experience in my adult life. This weekend alone I placed 6 orders and I have people calling me left and right. Now I’ve almost become a mentor, in my area, to young and new entrepreneurs.”
SiteGround is also among the best providers of a month to month web hosting for WordPress, with impressive credentials that include:
- Multiple data centers in various countries – US, UK, Netherlands, and Singapore
- Variety of hosting options – shared, cloud, dedicated server, reseller hosting, or enterprise solutions
- Customer-customized backup and recovery services for reliability and secure operations
- High availability – respectable 99.99%
SiteGround offers tiered plans to accommodate every client and budget, as well.
StartUp – regularly offered at $9.95/month, StartUp service is targeted to those just getting started with their web presence, and has a promotional offering of only $3.95/month.
StartUp offers everything you need to get a personal, typical blog site or even a business website off the ground:
- Free website builder
- Technical support available 24×7
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSLs
- SSD storage (indicates the use of technology for high performance)
- Free setup and website transfer
- Unlimited email accounts
- Free automated daily backups
SiteGround markets the StartUp plan to individuals or businesses with fewer than 10,000 visits per month on a recurring basis. Even smaller online businesses with a limited number of products may find StartUp very adequate for their needs. StartUp facilitates 10GB of web space.
GrowBig – the next tier of SiteGround plans bumps the price to $5.95/month (currently discounted from the regular price of $14.95/month).
Need more capacity or higher performance? GrowBig offers all the features of their StartUp plan and adds the power to handle heavy website traffic or even multiple websites.
GrowBig offers additional features for plan subscribers:
- Multiple system backups and quick, an easy restore process
- Estimated 25,000 monthly visits
- Multiple websites (unlimited)
- Web Space – 20GB
GoGeek – need the ultimate in web hosting? GoGeek service is available at a monthly cost of $11.95, a promotional rate over their regular $29.95 month to month charge.
GoGeek services give customers several advantages over lower-priced plans:
- Server resources are shared by a lower number of users, providing optimized performance
- eCommerce shops are fully PCI compliant
- Website traffic – 100,000 monthly visits
- Web Space – 30GB
- Instant backups on demand – offers added security against data loss or corruption
What SiteGround customers say (actual customer comments):
- “Paolo C. was well informed, patient, and so caring. I truly appreciate the customer service I received from him. If there was any doubt about joining SiteGround, he cleared it all! GREAT customer service! Thanks, Paolo!”
- “Velizar Y. understood exactly what I was trying to fix and helped me with everything! Amazing customer service!”
A2 Hosting is another highly-rated provider of a month to month web hosting for a WordPress site.
They offer a wide range of hosting services, with current promotional rates for services starting at:
- Shared hosting – $3.92/month
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting – $5.00/month
- Reseller hosting – $13.19/month
- Dedicated hosting services – $99.59/month
A2’s multiple tiers are marketed and focused on several audiences:
- Shared hosting for those who want to set up a blog or website optimized for WordPress and operated on high-performance servers that offer ease of setup and use.
- VPS hosting when more power is needed, coupled with a more isolated environment from other users, and including a higher level of security and more site management options.
- Dedicated hosting is the utmost in power, security, and control, where your website is operated on your own server, isolated from all other A2 customers.
- Reseller services are provided for those entrepreneurs seeking to offer their own web hosting services, facilitated through A2 Hosting.
A2 Hosting offers state-of-the-art infrastructure and options such as:
- Turbo Servers for maximum performance
- Free solid state drives (SSD) for extra speed
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates
- Global servers to get the best website performance from data centers in the US, Europe, and Asia
What do A2 Hosting customers have to say?
“I am truly thankful I use A2 Hosting! In an error I made, I accidentally wiped out my WordPress page, The Tech at A2 Hosting was able to assist in getting everything back to the way it was before my goof! Thank You!!”
“One month ago, I bought an SSD WordPress hosting solution from A2 and paid 2 years for it in advance because I read some really positive reviews. Well, I can confirm that I did well, and those reviews told the truth. A2 is great but even if they offer unlimited features, SSD servers, etc., I can say that the greatest feature they have is customer support.”
InMotion Hosting is a leading web hosting service (top rated by CNET 15 years running), and like others offers a full range of month to month services to manage the needs of blog sites, small businesses, and large enterprises.
Services and pricing vary depending on your website security and performance needs:
- WordPress hosting starting at $7.26/month (19% off), with shared services optimized for blazing WordPress performance, free backup services, and security provided with malware and hack protection.
- Business hosting from $6.39/month (20% off) with unlimited disk storage and bandwidth, free SSL, and unlimited email accounts.
- VPS hosting starts at $21.04/month (39% off) including available free server management, unlocked CPU cores, and InMotion’s reliable cloud infrastructure.
- Dedicated servers from $105.69/month (44% off) offering 99.999% uptime, free server management, and configurable server hardware.
- Reseller hosting services available beginning at $15.39/month (45% off) that puts you in the hosting business with your own clients. This service supports unlimited websites and gives you the ability to resell domains.
InMotion promotes their investment in infrastructure that offers:
- Secure infrastructure with free SSL, custom firewall protection, and automatic security updates
- PCI compliance
- SSD storage and custom server caching
What InMotion Customers Say
- “I keep recommending InMotion Hosting for the simple reason that it has the best support I have found in the IT business. Individuals like John, who take the time to understand the customer, make a true effort to provide the assistance one needs and then walks that extra step by accommodating the customer.”
- “Patrick is doing a great job! He really helped me set up my new account and answered all of my complex questions thoroughly. Thanks a lot, I am excited about my new hosting account at InMotion Hosting!”
Summing Up WordPress Hosting
Most web hosting providers offer attractive pricing of tiered service levels, based on your needs for capacity, performance, and storage. While some of the best providers of a month to month web hosting WordPress services truly charge by the month, for some that pricing is based on a 12 or even 24-month commitment. Be sure you read the fine print of your agreement before signing up.
What makes one provider stand out from the masses are the underlying details:
- Support – Never underestimate the value of great technical and day-to-day customer support. This includes how you contact the provider – online chat, phone, email, ticketing system, etc. Look for 24x7x365 access to the help you need.
- Technical Infrastructure – Do they leverage the latest in technology such as SSD storage for reliability and performance? Does the vendor retain multiple servers for redundancy and optimum uptime – perhaps even redundant data centers?
- Security – Are there multiple layers of security provided including secure SSL certificates, malware detection that is regularly updated, and website backups?
- Visibility – When you suspect performance problems or need to analyze your website, does the provider offer a control panel that gives you visibility to any issues? This can help you troubleshoot problems or help you monitor proactively to prevent problems before they impact your visitors.
- Startup Assistance – if this is important for your situation, make sure the vendor supports a transfer of your website from its current location, whether that’s on your own server or another web host.
Armed with this information and thoughts for moving forward, you’re ready to make the decision for finding the best provider of a month to month web hosting for a WordPress site.